Book your accommodation for the 100th Annual Meeting of the British Association of Dermatologists.
Please note all rooms can be booked through our official accommodation agency Ellis Salsby Ltd.
Should you need to make any changes, the team will be on hand to support your requirements.
Need Help booking?
Phone the Ellis Salsby office on 01562 829939
or email your requirements: email@example.com
The BAD have been advised by overseas and U.K. Doctors of “scam” companies pretending to offer accommodation and registration to the BAD Annual Meeting. Only trust information from our official website www.badannualmeeting.co.uk or the BAD Events pages on the bad website:http://www.bad.org.uk/events and the official accommodation provider.
We would like to bring to your attention three schemes that are targeting dermatologists worldwide at present. We advise maintaining a high index of suspicion.
(1) Unsolicited phone calls: Exhibitor Housing Services (EHS), also operating under the name Exhibitor Housing Management (EHM), and Business Travel Management (BTM) are targeting conference speakers and exhibitors with a fraudulent travel and hotel booking scheme. The company is calling and/or emailing conference speakers and exhibitors and falsely claiming it is the “official” housing bureau and/or authorized by BAD to book hotel and/or travel accommodations for the conference. This is entirely FALSE.
The company makes a number of FALSE and FRAUDLENT claims about the conference designed to obtain your credit card information, including:
• There are issues with your hotel reservation for the conference;
• The hotel room rate for the conference has increased and/or rooms are running out and must be booked with them as soon as possible
• Hotel rooms for the conference can only be booked through them.
• That they can get you a cheaper room rate than the conference organizers; or
• Hotel rooms for the conference are sold out and that they can help find you alternatives hotels.
No of these claims are true. Please be aware that this is a SCAM designed to obtain your credit card information and/or make phony charges to your credit card. Please exercise extreme caution when contacted by EHS, EHM or BTM. Their representatives are extremely pushy and prodding. We recommend that you do NOT give this company your credit card number, personal information, or any details about your hotel reservation.
If you are unsure please contact the conference department at the BAD on 0207 391 6358.
(2) Fictitious agents and websites for genuine dermatology meetings. Don’t use links within emails which may be scams. Search for the genuine site by going to the organising society’s known website and then using links. Check the address banner at the top of the page to make sure it is genuine.
(3) Unrecognised/Fictitious meetings and conferences. Check the website to identify if the meeting is organised by a recognised society. Double check by looking at the society’s known website and checking that the meeting is genuinely associated.
(4) Unrecognised journals: Open access journals which nobody has heard of requesting a substantial fee for publication. Don’t send your material or any money to a journal you are not familiar with. If you are paying a fee for open access, double check to make sure you are sending your £1000s to the right person. Open access journals which nobody has heard of requesting a substantial fee for publication. Don’t send your material or any money to a journal you are not familiar with. If you are paying a fee for open access, double check to make sure you are sending your £1000s to the right person.
How to find the venue
Right in the heart of Manchester is where you will find this iconic venue. Manchester Central is easy to reach whether you’re flying, driving, or catching the train. With an international airport 25 minutes away, two major train stations close by, and the complete motorway network connecting all sides of the UK it is an ideal venue to access no matter how you travel.